Bill Rose Athlete Assistance Fund
This Fund ensures that all student-athletes (regardless of economic status) can participate in Meridian Athletics.
The Bill Rose Athlete Assistance Fund was established in memory of long time GMHS Athletic Booster, Bill Rose, who passed away in January 2007. Based on Bill's belief that students of all backgrounds should compete on a level playing field, the Fund is designed to ensure that young athletes from economically disadvantaged families receive any needed assistance to participate and succeed in Varsity and Junior Varsity sports at George Mason HS (recently renamed as Meridian HS). The Rose Family furnished $25,000 to the Boosters for this purpose. In addition, as stewards of this mission, the Boosters are accepting contributions to the Fund.
Consistent with Bill Rose's wishes, the Fund may be used:
- To furnish any personal sports equipment, gear, or apparel that is involved in participating in high school athletics but is not provided or entirely funded by the school;
- To enable eligible individuals to attend required team camps, training sessions, or showcase events that might otherwise be unaffordable (e.g., tuition and other expenses, such as travel and lodging);
- For books, videos, or training aids;
- For physicals or insurance required to participate in sports and for personal health aids such as ankle braces; and
- For expenses pertaining to athletes involved in the college athletic recruitment process (e.g., video production and related expenses).
The Bill Rose Athlete Assistance Fund is administered by the Mustang Athletic Boosters Association (EIN #38-3658847), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, and as such all contributions to this fund are tax-deductible as provided by Section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.
We Also Recommend